Interested in finding out more about what careers you are most suited for based on your zodiac sign? Below you will find a comprehensive guide to what careers are best suited for each of the signs. It’s true that some careers just aren’t ideal for your sign so it’s imperative that you realize what will and won’t work for you based on your sign and innate gifts and quirks and govern yourself accordingly.
The Fate of Your Career According to The Zodiac
1. AriesIf you are an Aries who’s paid any attention to your sign you’ve undoubtedly read that you should become one of an athlete, police officer or firefighter. Or perhaps the astrologer got ultra-specific they would have mentioned that you should pursue a career as a prizefighter – because you know, you’re an ultra-aggressive ram. There is some truth to these cliches. Aries is a notoriously competitive sign that often excels in organized sports. There’s a strong level of physicality there. Typical Aries are not at all the passive types, having to be passive or excessively patient doesn’t work for them as they hate tedium. A desk job would not at all suit them. Ideally, an Aries career would give them a sense of worth and self-sacrifice (thus the police officer adage) as well as a healthy dose of self-importance.
Natural LeadershipAs an Aries, you are a natural born leader. You are known for your courage, boldness, and ability to confront challenges head-on. An indelible level of determination and perseverance defines you and serves you well in any workplace situations. Aries are often looked up as having solid management potential – however they need to be careful not to come on too strong.
Keep being bold and taking risks. However, avoid bragging about your inventiveness or accomplishments. Allow your work ethic and intelligence to speak for themselves.
Slow but Fierce OrganizersHere’s the thing about being a Taurus: In general people will either assume you’re lazy (which may at times be true) or they peg you as being super stubborn and persistent (which is definitely true). The bull has two speeds, especially when handling tasks they are assigned. They start off by slowly organizing in a cool, calm and calculated manner – once that phase is complete then it’s full speed ahead. In school, you most likely spent Friday through Sunday organizing your weekend to-do list only to check everything off in a frenzy on Sunday evening in a red bull induced haze. Sound familiar? Taurus’s require stability, routine and comfort and rarely get bored with routine and the daily grind of everyday office life. You are extremely productive and thorough and never leave an email unread. All of your responses as prompt, efficient, organized and proofread for grammatical errors. Your work ethic is admirable however you can get frazzled easily by sudden changes. Perhaps your favorite coworker gets laid off or your regular Tuesday afternoon meeting gets postponed. What may seem like innocuous little occurrences to others may have a very unsettling effect on you making you feel off-kilter, upset and even angry. In situations like these it’s important for you to relax, take a deep breath in and reorganize.
On Seeking True AestheticsDue to Taurus being ruled by Venus, the planet of romance and beauty, you also most likely have a keen eye for aesthetics. More than likely your calendar is neatly color-coordinated with your handwriting looking like its own font. While you more than likely gravitate towards routine and repetitive work, low-energy offices and dingy environments take a serious toll on your morale. In times like these activities like decorating your desk or adorning the walls of your cubicle with artwork is advised. You may also want to consider pursuing an artistic job – design, fashion, and cinematography all come to mind as career paths that you would excel in.
3. GeminiGemini’s are excellent communicators and as a result make for excellent novelists, poets, and songwriters. y
Your company includes wordsmiths like Walt Whitman, George Orwell, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Tupac Shakur.It makes a lot of sense that you would want to pursue opportunities that allow you the possibility of plenty of self-expression. Gemini are animated with sharp wits and have no lack of imaginative energy. You’re characterized by your sociability, wit, curiosity and inquisitive nature. In today’s landscape of ever-evolving media and the volatility of today’s news cycles, journalism may be a good fit for you.
Structure FightersGemini’s require a certain level of flexibility with work as they don’t tend to work well with a lot of structure and are easily frustrated by routine. Your adaptability makes you valuable in times of transition and you have no problem hopping around from one assignment to another. The word “career” may seem like a dirty one to you as it doesn’t lend itself to your preferred lifestyle. This is true for many Gemini’s however others may be able to find peace at a career that gives them the freedom of defining their own schedule while continually evolving. Self-employment is an ideal career path for Gemini’s. While you certainly have no issues conversation you are intensely independent and abhor having to ask for help. Regardless of the path that you pursue your inability to admit when you’re wrong will be a hindrance to your advancement. You want to believe that you can hold yourself accountable, but there will always be someone to answer to for your mistakes.
More than likely it’s the Cancer in your friend group that spends untold hours planning the perfect Secret Santa gift and reminds you to count your drinks at the bar.Cancers are often characterized as one of the most sensitive signs of the zodiac. It’s often a caring sensitivity that fails to garner the appreciation that it deserves. They care about everything more than you care about literally anything. Unless of course, you are a Cancer – in which case your friends owe you some long overdue thanks.
Sensitivity as a PurposeThe Cancer image is intimately associated with feeling for and nurturing others. Your star shines brightest when your mission involves helping and supporting others. More than likely you will find difficulty in emotionally connecting to a job where you don’t feel as if you are positively impacting someone else’s life. Your career may be creative or entrepreneurial in nature however that sense of purpose is a key component in how you define success. As such, you may feel most at home in careers involving education, childcare or healthcare. The protective nature of the crab is uniquely positioned for such pursuits. Cancers are also highly sensitive to criticism and are best served by positive reinforcement. While Cancers are finely tuned to the needs of others and love offering the support they, in turn, need to feel an adequate level of support being returned to them. If they feel as if they are being micromanaged or attacked they have a propensity for shutting down. Having a visible and measurable impact on lives is important to them – a simple Teacher Appreciation Day or email of thanks does wonders for their demeanor. As a Cancer try to be mindful of the fact that just because you don’t always receive vocal appreciation this doesn’t at all mean that your work doesn’t matter.
5. LeoWhen you consider that the highest preponderance of Hollywood stars are Leos it makes perfect sense that all astrologists recognize the lion as having a future in the public eye.
From reality TV to the Oval Office Leos tend to overpopulate the spotlight. Leos are notorious show-offs who have a deep sense of pride and highly creative instincts.But while it’s true that Leos often take up the most oxygen in any room they have surprisingly frail egos due to their innate need for external validation and praise. This makes them susceptible to crumbling under scorn and admonishment. If you are an especially sensitive Leo who wishes to step into the public eye you may want to work on developing a thicker skin so that you aren’t subject to having your day ruined by some simple feedback which isn’t to your liking. This isn’t necessary as a Leo will shine wherever they feel needed and admired, particularly if the work feels significant to their own personal values.
Loyal CatsWhile Leos are often immortalized for theatrics or power they also happen to be genuine and generous people who delight in helping others. In order to perform at their highest a Leo needs to feel proud, which is why many end up taking on charitable causes or politics. As a Leo, your loyalty outweighs your vanity every time. You’re perfectly happy to contribute to a group dynamic (as long as you receive an adequate amount of credit) and this makes you an excellent coworker. Feel free to follow a path that allows you to work independently and seek praise, but don’t forget that you are at your very best when in an environment that is a collaborative one.
6. VirgoA typical analysis of the Virgo sign would be: neat, organized, knee-deep in Lysol. And yes, it’s true that a Virgo will thrive in a practical environment, often gravitating towards detail oriented careers such as healthcare, finance or scientific research. But far be it for Virgos to be pigeonholed — directors like Baz Luhrmann, Tim Burton, and Ava DuVernay illustrate their Virgo natures through precise and intelligent filmmaking, carefully crafting worlds that feel both unique and convincing. Moulin Rouge may not scream “studious, sensible Earth Sign,” but its scrupulous attention to detail and fully immersive style truly reflects the sign’s greatest strengths.
Secret perfectionistsIn general, Virgos prefer to work remotely and humbly rather than taking the helm however you may find that project management comes naturally to you. Jump at opportunities to flex your executive muscles. Seizing control probably won’t be your first instinct however coworkers respect a leader who acts with purpose and lays out clear and reasonable expectations.
You have the ability to create order from chaos all while sorting out complicated details and proposing logical solutions. You’re a start-ups dream.Virgos tend to perform at their peak in peaceful and professional conditions. You aren’t at all interested in water cooler gossip or after-work drama. And while that’s completely ok be sure to allow yourself the opportunity of loosening up once in a while. Ever the perfectionist, your biggest critic will always be your own self. More than likely you are naturally intelligent, hard-working and widely admired. – take time once in a while to congratulate yourself for your hard work and accomplishments.
The Libra MentalityIf you happen to be a manager or recruiter of any sort you absolutely want a Libra on your team. And my evidence for this claim rests with two famous, vastly different but equally impressive blondes: Elle Woods and Leslie Knope. These two women don’t have a lot in common as far as hobbies and mannerisms go, but the parallels are clear: these are highly capable, charming, passionate people who have found their callings and thrown themselves in head-first. Libras are flexible people who possess a wide variety of interests. They are defined by their love for balance, equality, and harmony. As a Libra, your sense of justice and your knack for intrapersonal connection suits you well for a career in justice or diplomatic relations: lawyer, mediator, judge, government official, etc. Libras can even charm the pants off of guarded Harvard students (Emmett) or stubborn, mustachioed men (Ron Swanson). Your negotiation skills and ability to lead people to see another point of view — are unparalleled.
No need to pick a profession, dear Libra.You are a cooperative and fiercely loyal person and as a result, you will likely perform admirably in any profession. People love a team player and you love a challenge; you will work tirelessly to find solutions to perceived injustices, making friends every step of the way. On top of that, since Libra is ruled by Venus, there is a notable streak of sophistication with everything you do. You will do anything you set your mind to — and you’ll make it look impossibly good.
8. ScorpioLet’s get this out of the way: Scorpios are pretty. And not necessarily in the traditional sense but definitely in the glittery, intimidating, can’t-take-your-eyes-off-them sense. And let’s be clear about this, too: Scorpios know you’re looking. They revel in your attention. They bathe in the stares and glares alike. Is it any wonder that many find themselves on a screen or on a podium? As a Scorpio, you see a person sizing you up and take it as a challenge. Scorpios have a talent for persuasion. They like to push the envelope and are right at home in a convincing argument, however risqué or taboo. Scorpios have the ability to be both charming and repellant — Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden are both Scorpios. Just those meme legacies alone speak to the vast spectrum of reactions that Scorpios in the public eye are capable of producing.
Emotionally DeviantUnder your impenetrable exterior, however, you may get impatient and angry with yourself. It’s not public opinion that matters, but your own inner voice. You often refuse to express these feelings of doubt, which will only exacerbate them, especially at work. Scorpios are almost obsessively determined and incredibly idealistic, which gives them the power to both self-analyze and self-sabotage. Take time to process your emotions in private, then express them in a healthy way. Take constructive criticism seriously rather than personally.
Leos often get the rep as the kings or queens of the zodiac, but don’t discount the archer: Sagittarians are the jocks, the office darlings, the “Life of the Party” superlative winners.There’s nothing like a Sagittarius to liven up the company retreat — they’ll come equipped with donuts or vodka, probably — but don’t get too spoiled. Ever the adventurers, Sagittarians demand a high level of excitement and newness from employment. After too long on one path, they’re likely to start fidgeting; Sagittarius is a restless sign with a seemingly endless need for stimulation. It may be hard for many to settle down into one career or to feel fulfilled in a traditional job.
Curiosity is their WeaponAs a Sagittarius, your saving grace is your passion for others’ well-being. While you may seem flighty and shallow at times, Sagittarians are often deeply philosophical and curious creatures, always learning and growing. On top of that, Sagittarians have effortless charm and very little insecurities in social situations. This equips you perfectly for teaching, counseling or mentoring. However, Sagittarians may pursue paths as pilots or flight attendants, travel journalists, stuntmen or explorers. So, the archer is also renown for
- Its boldness, refusal to back down and willingness to take risks.
- Being furiously optimistic and — though an unabashed charmer — independent at heart.
- You thrive in an environment devoid of tedium and repetition: a job that allows flexibility and movement.
- Their joviality, sense of freedom and charisma.
10. CapricornCapricorns either skip the company retreat entirely, preferring to stay bunkered down in their minimalist, Wall Street apartment, getting ahead of the work week, or they’re the ones running it. Capricorns possess the invaluable combination of willpower and work ethic. As a Capricorn, you are probably extremely comfortable in positions of power and responsibility. You don’t need to find your work “fulfilling” or “meaningful” — you get enough fulfillment from a simple job well done.
There is no limit to what a Capricorn can accomplish once they’ve made up their mindBusiness is often heralded as a special strength for the Capricorn sign. This is likely due to the nature of the work itself: status, productivity, and financial success are usually much more important to a Capricorn than the company or goal. Earth Signs are attracted to stability, and Capricorns are most likely to take traditional career paths. You are known by your co-workers and superiors (if you have any of those) for your accomplishments, your legacy and your persistence, not necessarily your warmth or demeanor. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with a little discipline. Just because you’re not the office’s social butterfly doesn’t mean you’re not highly respected. Think Miranda from Sex and the City. You win admiration from your peers because you say what you mean, you mean what you say, and you get the job done without too much talking at all.
The Silent but Cool Hard workerYour patience, determination, and coolness under pressure are perfect for high-stress jobs and situations. But try not to overwork yourself; doggedness comes easily to you, so you may be overly willing to pick up other people’s slack. People will admire your integrity and seek you out for guidance, but remember that your own workload is usually more than enough.
11. AquariusI don’t expect many Aquarians will be reading this, as they’re usually minimally interested in material pursuits or traditions. True, the Aquarius sign is always at the frontline of progress, but that’s probably because they’re always looking at the big picture. And when I say big, I don’t mean an earthly definition of “big.” I mean galactic. Aquarians are always 10 steps ahead — they are endlessly curious, highly intellectual and the zodiac’s true humanitarians. If you do happen to be an Aquarius reading these musings, I’d suspect it’s because you’re very indecisive about a “career” to begin with. I don’t imagine that you buy into the modern idea of work consuming your life and that you’re fine with making money to live and having passion projects on the side.
Non-profit and volunteer work is very common for the Aquarius sign.Nevertheless, Aquarians are innovative, eccentric and inventive human beings. Those with a mind for math or science will likely find great personal gratification with a job in the tech world, working to discover new methods of progress. Aquarians desire to serve as the catalyst for positive change. They channel passion into their everyday lives with strong willpower and far-reaching idealism.
12. PiscesPisces is an imaginative, observant, difficult-to-define sign. They’re mislabeled as “dreamy” or “spacey,” which undermines the capabilities of the open Piscean mind. They have vast stores of empathy and scarily accurate instincts, which allow them to read people and understand human emotion on a profound level.
As a Pisces, you may be drawn to helping others understand themselves — perhaps as a counselor or therapist — or to plumbing unknown, complex terrains like an astronaut, deep sea diver or psychologist.Your optimism tends to inspire others and you may find yourself in a reluctant place of leadership. Don’t shy away from this responsibility. Your ability to understand motives, weigh all options before making a decision and value creative solutions makes you an effective manager, especially in non-traditional environments. However, run far away from any job that’s based in a competitive, profit-based environment. Your gentle, encouraging nature is not well-suited to manage people who do not share this disposition.